- Photo sizesSquare
XXS - tiny
XS - extra small
S - small
M - medium
L - large
Home / Exploring the Monastery After the Fire 22
- View from near the ridge - Grand Meadow
- Some trees were still on fire
- Somehow we sustained no structural damage. The fire seemed to avoid all our structures!
- Some damage to the water tanks on the ridge
- Fire stopped at Little Todd's shrine.
- The only damage we found was one bridge needs repaired and we lost two wooden steps!
- In most places the Loop Trail prevented the fire from advancing into the monastery
- Thank you to the firefighters who prevented Steven Cope's shrine from burning
- Intense fire did burn on the south side of Goat Creek
- Ajahn Chah shrine had fire on both sides, but didn't burn
- Black rock Buddharupa overlooking the massive fire break dug through the land.
- We lost many trees along southern boundry
- Bulldozers created a huge firebreak right down the middle of the monastery
- Fire came down from the ridge, stopping around Goat's Creek
- Ryan was a true hero. He helped save the Redwood Valley Rancheria by fighting the fire all night long.